Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Forni Headstones


This is the headstone of one of my late cousins. She was the daughter of my great-aunt Mary Forni and her husband Chuck Forni.

My dad knew her. He didn't speak much of her, but he did say she was quite lovely indeed.

I'm not sure I know why she died so young. I thought I'd heard she'd died of fever or rheumatoid arthritis or something along those lines, but then I found this...


This is the headstone, in the same Rockville cemetery, of Mary Lou's parents Chuck and Mary Forni.

I think I see why (as I was told) Mary just wasn't the same after 1955. She lost her child on June 3rd and then her husband on July 15, just a few weeks later. 

But she was good to my father and me. 

When it came to my mother, not so much. She supposedly once told my mother that she was a "nobody with nothing from West Virginia." Mary always denied saying such a thing. 

Well, now they're ALL past this nonsense....I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment