Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Stribling Arms

In doing some family research - which is quite difficult, I must admit - I found that my great-grandmother's line included the name Stribling. This was a great find to me, because after my father died and I moved his furniture into my apartment, including an antique dry sink, I found in said dry sink a family book of Striblings. I thought, "who are these people?" I didn't know anything about the family connection to the Striblings. 

As it turned out, George Frederick Hays Sr (son of George J. Hays & Ruth-Ann Cornelia W. ROSS) married Martha Alma "Dora" Stribling (daughter of James Harvey Stribling & Nancy Jane WILLIAMS) and had 10 children, 7 of which survived. 

One of those children was Katherine Magnolia Hays, my great-grandmother. She married Owen Holladay, and the children of that marriage were Frederick Owen Holladay (my grandfather), James Douglas Holladay, Martha Holladay (ZEIGER), and Mary Holladay (FORNI). 

Anyway, here's the Stribling arms (enlarged but somewhat pixellated). 




No comments:

Post a Comment